How It Works
Brookdale offers tuition reimbursement to eligible associates who are seeking to enrich their current role by furthering their education. To be eligible, associates must be full-time and have been employed for at least 12 months. Part-time, temporary, PRN, on-call and Pool associates are not eligible.
We only offer tuition reimbursement to eligible associates who pursue education endeavors outside of normal working hours. Keep in mind, your coursework must directly relate to your job assignment or prepare you for additional responsibilities at our company and meet other requirements.
What You Need
Applying for tuition reimbursement is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Submit an online request with Edcor, the plan administrator, before the start of the course — but not too soon! Requests should be submitted within 180 days prior to the course start date.
- Get your supervisor to sign off with approval before your course begins.
- Pass your course, and you’ll be reimbursed for 100 percent of your tuition with a calendar year maximum of $2,500.
- Submit proof of payment to Edcor within 60 days after completing the course. Classes have to be paid by the associate or with the use of student loans. Classes paid with scholarships, grants or other financial aid are not eligible.
- You must also agree to remain a Brookdale associate for at least one year after receiving a reimbursement payment, or you may be required to repay the reimbursement funds.
- Prep that is required to maintain professional licensure or certifications as part of your minimum job requirements, including Certified Nursing Assistants, Medication Technicians (and equivalent programs that vary state to state), will also be reimbursed up to $500 per calendar year. The cost of obtaining a new license or renewing a license is not reimbursable.
Interested in Tuition Reimbursement?
Considering a job at Brookdale? Ask about tuition reimbursement during your interview to learn more.
If you’re a current associate, talk to your supervisor about what coursework may be relevant for you. Then, head over to Edcor to get started with the application process when you’re ready.