Come Make a Difference With Us
Are you experiencing a shortage of work during this uncertain time? Let’s help each other. We’re looking for compassionate people to work in our communities and agencies and can use your help right away. Apply today to make lives better, including your own.
Brookdale Senior Living is centered on care for seniors and have been trusted by families like yours for more than 40 years. We’ve been through a lot together in that time and have learned even more. Leveraging our experience has allowed us to be prepared and have strong systems in place to respond to COVID-19. A strong national supply chain helps assure that we’re ready to serve you and trained staff not only respond to your care needs, but connect on an emotional level as well. After all, it’s more than just business, it’s family.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become the best you that’s possible, join us!
Out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented a number of measures, including but not limited to:
- Activated a corporate emergency response team to provide support to our local teams.
- Engaged with leading medical centers for recommendations and guidance to complement the internal expertise of our clinical team.
- Re-educated our teams on the appropriateness of infection prevention measures which are a part of how we operate on a daily basis.
- Suspended planned or sponsored group outings (with the exception of healthcare-related visits).
- Restricted visitors and non-essential health personnel from our communities, except in end of life situations or pursuant to the guidance of public health officials.
- Conducting health screenings on anyone coming into the Community.
- Additionally, we are doing the following:
- Limiting travel of our associates to avoid possible spread of the viral illness from city-to-city.
- Ensuring that any of our associates who are sick stay home.
- Providing regular updates to our teams to answer any and all questions.
- Taking this very seriously and acting out of an abundance of caution.
- Reviewing reputable health websites for updates on a daily basis to be able to share the latest news and information.
In addition to following Brookdale’s existing communicable disease outbreak protocols, we have implemented additional precautionary measures, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local health officials and the Brookdale clinical team.
- Precautionary measures include the following:
- Associate training and screening at all communities
- To help create barriers in spreading of disease, we’ve updated and recommunicated our contagious disease policies and protocols as they relate to current knowledge regarding COVID-19. This includes best practices and instructions for hand washing, using hand sanitizer and disinfecting hard surfaces frequently.
- Our Emergency Response Command Center has been activated with leaders across every function.
- Levels of Action: used to manage ANY infectious outbreak within a community, including COVID-19
- Alert Categories: devised to manage the status of COVID-19 risk to Brookdale communities
- Because COVID-19 is difficult to detect early, our communities are being provided with additional tools to assist in monitoring residents’ health.
To reduce the risk of exposure in our communities, we are currently restricting visitors, except for end of life situations or pursuant to the guidance of public health officials. We are also conducting health screenings on anyone coming into the community. Specific visitor protocol may vary based on state and local directives.
In addition, we have suspended Brookdale-sponsored/planned group outings and are strongly encouraging residents to refrain from making trips from community unless medically necessary.
If a confirmed case were to occur, we would continue to act in full compliance with the CDC, local and state health authorities. We would follow the CDC guidance for confirmed cases in healthcare settings; that guidance includes steps to minimize chances for exposure, adhering to personal protection protocols and managing visitor access.
Since the onset of the Coronavirus pandemic, we have been closely following both CDC and local guidelines for testing associates who show symptoms of COVID-19. But we’re choosing to go above and beyond those recommendations for the health and safety of our residents. As test kits become available and in cooperation with local health officials, our goal is to test all Brookdale community associates, whether or not they are showing symptoms. These diagnostic tests will give us the information we need to try to better contain the virus in communities and to monitor any spread that might occur. Additionally, as state and local safety measures begin to relax, we’re asking our community associates to take a very conservative approach to participating with the wider community and to maintain social distancing guidelines to protect themselves from exposure during non-work hours.
We have activated an Emergency Command Center to help ensure regular communication with corporate leadership, field team leaders and suppliers.
We have a comprehensive number of tools and support in our newsroom.
We’re utilizing the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 tracking system to monitor COVID-19 outbreaks.
Brookdale is able to answer questions through a variety of communication channels, including:
- Directly with our Executive Directors at each Brookdale Community.
- Brookdale.com, where there is comprehensive information and tools.
- Through social media, where each Brookdale community has a local Facebook page and provides important information specific to that community.
- Through our national connection center, where we respond to thousands of inquiries every day, seven days a week.