Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Assists with the day-to-day accounting functions of the community in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles. Provides clerical support as directed.
- Verifies and processes invoices in a timely manner. Notifies management of invoices that do not match purchase orders. Contacts suppliers and/or vendors concerning errors or questions on invoices, as directed.
- Monitors and collects accounts receivables, including resident rent checks. Reports delinquent accounts to management.
- Performs payroll data entry, including maintenance of employee records, time cards, miscellaneous deductions, etc.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly reports regarding open invoices, accounts payables/receivables, cash disbursements, etc., as directed.
- Maintains business office files.
- Performs data entry of check requests.
- Assists in preparing financial statements including balance sheets, income and expense reports, etc., as required.
- Manages petty cash as directed.
- Maintains business office area in a clean and organized manner.
- Assists in maintaining the office supply inventory.
- Assists receptionist with answering phones and other clerical support, as needed.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and previous experience in bookkeeping or entry level accounting required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Has effective oral and written communication skills and a thorough knowledge of computer software.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.