Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at Brookdale are subject to a candidate’s successful completion of certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation, or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Assists with the day-to-day accounting functions of the community in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles. Provides clerical support as directed.
- Verifies and processes invoices in a timely manner. Notifies management of invoices that do not match purchase orders. Contacts suppliers and/or vendors concerning errors or questions on invoices, as directed.
- Monitors and collects accounts receivables, including resident rent checks. Reports delinquent accounts to management.
- Performs payroll data entry, including maintenance of employee records, time cards, miscellaneous deductions, etc.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly reports regarding open invoices, accounts payables/receivables, cash disbursements, etc., as directed.
- Maintains business office files.
- Performs data entry of check requests.
- Assists in preparing financial statements including balance sheets, income and expense reports, etc., as required.
- Manages petty cash as directed.
- Maintains business office area in a clean and organized manner.
- Assists in maintaining the office supply inventory.
- Assists receptionist with answering phones and other clerical support, as needed.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and previous experience in bookkeeping or entry level accounting required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Has effective oral and written communication skills and a thorough knowledge of computer software.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.