Accounts Payable Specialist
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at Brookdale are subject to a candidate’s successful completion of certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation, or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Performs general accounts payable duties, including recording and setting up invoices for payment, in accordance with company and established accounting policies and procedures. Ensures the accurate and timely payment of all company invoices. Provides timely and quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Receives invoices from communities, vendors, and corporate associates.
- Reviews each invoice, ensuring the following: legitimacy, accurate coding, appropriate approvals, and that the correct amount is paid.
- Prioritizes processing of invoices requiring immediate attention, including but not limited to utilities, government agencies, legal settlements, expense reports, resident refunds, and phone bills.
- Codes and batches invoices as appropriate
- Enters invoices into the accounts payable software system; verifies work and approves invoices for payment.
- Processes recurring invoices for payment.
- Prints, voids and processes mailing of checks and releases entries to the general ledger.
- Ensures approval compliance regarding high dollar value invoices.
- Responds to AP related support inquiries (telephone, Service Central, etc.) from vendors, field operations, and corporate regarding invoice processing status, coding and payment information.
- Researches invoice and account issues and provides resolution including but not limited to; resolving payment discrepancies and invoice discrepancies.
- Maintains purchase card transactions and orders purchase cards.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff.
- Evaluates current work and business processes and identifies and supports business process improvements
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of one year of related experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.