Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Works in collaboration with the Regional Director, and the VP, Brookdale at Home to support the growth of the BAH agency. Implements and directs the administrative policies of the community and directs the provision of services.
- Promotes the mission, values and beliefs of Brookdale at Home.
- Disseminates and ensures adherence to all agency and state policies.
- Implements an effective budgeting and accounting system.
- Coordinates services as needed and within professional and state guidelines.
- Coordinates alternative resources for associates and families.
- Recruits, hires and completes new hire training and orientation.
- Supervises and evaluates client satisfaction survey reports on all clients served.
- Coordinates adequate staffing coverage for the provision of services on a day-to-day basis.
- Markets Brookdale at Home agency to appropriate audiences.
- Serves as a liaison between the licensee, personnel and contractors.
- Implements and maintains a quality improvement process.
- Monitors the accuracy of public information materials.
- Follows state regulations and monitors agency compliance with state regulations.
- Attends state surveys and assists in response and/or plans of correction.
- Assures personnel files meet compliance standards.
- Available to staff working after normal business hours as a resource and manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required. A minimum of two years of management or supervisory experience is required; experience in a home care setting is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Licensed physician, registered nurse, licensed social worker, licensed therapist or licensed nursing home administrator preferred. Meets the training qualifications as listed in the Administration Training policy, required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to effectively train staff and coach them to improvement. Computer software skills including Microsoft Excel and Word. Maintains positive and professional demeanor towards residents, visitors, families and co-workers. Excellent oral and written communication and teaching skills required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.