OverviewEvery day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Maintains and/or improves the occupancy level and revenue production of the community in accordance with the marketing and business plans. This includes managing the sales/admission process and completing all activities required for an admission. Represents the community and increases awareness through participation in outside events, and professional groups, and manages the business development effort to generate referrals. Partners with management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals.
- Maintains and /or improves the occupancy level of the community in accordance with the marketing and business plans. Utilizes established sales processes, systems, and forms for sales to perform job duties, tracks information, compiles data and reports, and achieves desired community occupancy goals.
- Manages the sales/admission process by assisting prospective residents, their family members, referral sources and /or advisors in the decision-making process by understanding their needs and educating them about how the community’s services and programs can meet their needs. Responds promptly to every telephone call, internet or in-person inquiry from all referral sources, prospective residents, and families. Completes the weekly follow-up calls, letters, and tours as defined by the community marketing and business development plan.
- Coordinates and completes all activities needed for an admission by visiting the prospect’s home, health care providers, or other location to conduct initial assessments or sales presentations and ensuring that the required forms are completed prior to the move in.
- Keeps management and other key associates abreast of the status of all prospective move ins. Tracks and records pre-residency steps to facilitate communication.
- Completes business development sales calls on a weekly basis to meet or exceed the established goals for professional leads as set by the community marketing plan. Contacts sources including legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners, retirement communities, clergy, medical insurance providers, and other local community contacts as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources on a weekly basis. Provides information and conducts presentations about community services and programs, market advantages, availability, and other relevant information to meet the needs of prospective referral sources and community groups.
- Effectively manages community inventory and looks for opportunities for increasing revenue and creating other revenue streams.
- Assists management with resident retention through new resident welcome events, resident referral programs, outside community visits to current hospitalized residents, and other programs as outlined in the marketing plan or by the Regional Sales and Marketing management.
- Partners with management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Researches and provides recommendations for content and delivery of brochures, flyers, press releases and other forms of media that promote the community services.
- Monitors conversion ratios regarding sales performance and business development calls to direct referral sources and collects and analyzes data to prepare weekly and monthly reports. Provides frequent performance issue information to management.
- Maintains working knowledge of payer sources and utilizes them effectively to maximize revenue.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Current LPN or RN license, issued by appropriate state licensing, or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred; or equivalent combination of experience and education is required. A minimum of two to five years of experience in health care environment working with seniors is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Frequent car travel requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Knowledge of marketing and admissions to include principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations to include applicable processes for the product line(s) being sold. Knowledge of managed care contracts. Knowledge of state regulations impacting or directing the delivery of services. Ability to operate personal computers and related software. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to build trust and act honestly in relationships with others. Ability to assess and understand customers’ expectations, needs and circumstances. Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and to treat people with dignity, respect, fairness and maturity. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.