Advanced Analytics Analyst
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Come be a part of an analytics team with a mission-focused organization. Brookdale Senior Living, the largest provider of senior care in the country is looking for an analyst to join its Advanced Analytics group. Part of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), the analyst will blend and analyze data from different sources to drive business strategy. They will work across the company including finance, marketing, and operations, solving business problems with data. This position will also help build and maintain the data infrastructure for the team’s data mart, improving the speed with which the team can ask and answer questions.
- Uses analytics tools (SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Excel, etc.) to get and clean data, identify insights, and make recommendations that affect the business.
- Writes queries (SQL) and builds data sets for analysis consistent with data science principles.
- Identifies opportunities to improve performance at the community level and company-wide, in topics such as pricing, lead generation, associate retention, clinical care, and corporate strategy.
- Performs large-scale data analysis and statistical modeling.
- Works closely with other members of FP&A to produce team deliverables and/or works independently based on ad hoc requests and deadlines.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, economics, finance, computer science, or related field) is required. Exceptional candidates without a degree may also be considered. Skills with analytics tools like SQL (T/PL), R, Python, etc. are required. Tableau experience is a plus. 2-3 years business experience in an analytics role is preferred. Academic experience may be considered. Proficiency in standard tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Certificate programs in data analysis, data science, etc. may substitute for formal, quantitative degrees.
Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. Critical thinking and strong oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge and Skills
Skills must include excellent communication, time management, writing, decision-making, presentation, and organizational skills. Must be flexible, proactive, and able to think creatively. Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and to collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals in cross-functional departments.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.