Advanced Analytics Manager - Data Analysis
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
This position has two complementary roles, data and analysis.
In the data role, the Advanced Analytics Manager will use SQL (Oracle) to expand, update, and maintain the Insights & Analytic team’s analytic data mart. The data mart pre-processes and houses data for reporting, analysis, and modeling. Those data tables are then available to others who might find them useful. The successful candidate will have a strong talent for attention to detail, as errors in coding produce errors in data.
In the analysis role, the Advanced Analytics Manager will turn business questions into analytic questions, and answer them using a variety of tools such as R, SQL, Tableau, Python, SAS, and/or Excel. The Manager will develop solutions through data analysis, predictive modeling, and advanced analytics techniques. The successful candidate will work with data from across the company including marketing, HR, finance, sales, and operations.
- Performs large scale data analysis and develops effective models and analytics for prediction, segmentation, classification, optimization, and reporting
- Prepares written analysis and presents findings and recommendations to internal clients. Works closely with other team members to produce and communicate team deliverables.
- Conducts market studies that support effective decision-making related to proposed acquisitions, dispositions, refinancing, and real estate and product development activities
- Analyzes markets, competitors and Brookdale communities in an effort to maximize operational efficiency and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Along with other team members, create and maintain the Oracle tables that make up our analytic data mart
- Combine data from a variety of sources (internal and external)
- Interact with IT developers and administrators as needed
Use analytic software and programming languages to identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business
- Consult with internal business leaders (sales, marketing, HR, finance, operations) to provide information and analysis.
- Transform business questions into analytic questions
- Answer analytic questions, with:
- Data visualization including Tableau, PowerPoint documents, or other visualizations
- Statistical models
- Work both independently and with other team members to produce deliverables
- Work independently as necessary
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
BS Degree in a quantitative discipline (computer science, statistics, data science, engineering, operations research, applied mathematics, economics, or related field). Master’s degree preferred. Certificate programs in data analysis, data science, etc. may substitute for formal, quantitative degrees. Minimum three years of work experience (more is preferred) in an analytic role with a record of success and advancement, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong SQL (Oracle) skills preferred. Experience with analytic software (R, Python, SAS, SPSS etc.) is required. Software proficiency also required in standard tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. Critical thinking and strong oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function. Skills must include excellent communication, time management, writing, decision-making, presentation, and organizational skills. Must be flexible, proactive, and able to think creatively. Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and to collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals in cross-functional departments.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.