Agency Licensed Practical Nurse
Savantage is a staffing agency that’s focused on people. People who want to be part of something bigger than themselves. People who want to earn more than just a paycheck. Savantage helps connect like-minded people for the purpose of serving other people.
What’s most important to you in your career? Is it working in a setting that values relationships and integrity? Being part of a welcoming and inclusive community? Perhaps it’s knowing that the work you do has impact and makes a real difference? If these are the values you share in looking for the next step of your career, Savantage could have the perfect fit for you.
Please note, the company is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations.
Provides care to residents in accordance with physician orders, recognized standards of practice and established company policies and procedures, for multiple communities within the local market.
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment in the best interests of residents. Ensures resident rights are maintained at all times.
- Monitors residents within state licensure regulations; supervises and directs nursing assistants where allowed by state licensure regulations.
- Assists in writing care plans based on resident needs and change of condition.
- Obtains and administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician. Documents and reviews medication and treatment sheets for accuracy and compliance with physician orders, professional standards, federal and state regulations and company policy.
- Monitors responses to care treatment plans. Possesses knowledge of medication interactions and notifies Nursing Supervisor or designee of any issues. Adheres to company systems, processes and procedures.
- Counts controlled substances with off going nurse or designee; secures and corrects reconciliation of controlled substances during shift.
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of medicine supply room and security of discontinued medicine in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy.
- Assists with discharge process relevant to medication and treatment orders.
- Possesses knowledge of OSHA regulations, infection control standards, and emergency procedures.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure resident safety.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding nursing care, care plans and observation of resident overall condition.
- Attends training to maintain skill level and remain current in emerging healthcare trends.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN) and/or one to two years related experience and/or training. Additional education may be substituted for the experience requirement on a year for year basis.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN or LVN license. Basic CPR/first aid training. Fire safety training.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and e-mail (Microsoft Outlook or Exchange, preferred). Basic typing skills are essential. Ability to maintain resident confidentiality
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.