Agency Universal Worker
Savantage is a staffing agency that’s focused on people. People who want to be part of something bigger than themselves. People who want to earn more than just a paycheck. Savantage helps connect like-minded people for the purpose of serving other people.
What’s most important to you in your career? Is it working in a setting that values relationships and integrity? Being part of a welcoming and inclusive community? Perhaps it’s knowing that the work you do has impact and makes a real difference? If these are the values you share in looking for the next step of your career, Savantage could have the perfect fit for you.
Please note, the company is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations.
The Agency Universal Worker works under the direction of the community leadership at which they are assigned to fill in for staff when there is a temporary vacancy. This position will maintain the ability to perform duties in Dining and Housekeeping for multiple communities within the local market.
Dining - Essential Functions
While working in Dining, this position will provides quick, efficient, and pleasant delivery of food to residents and guests, ensuring all quality standards of food and service are being met. Ensures good customer service, safety and proper handling of dishes, glassware, and utensils, as well as operation of the dish machine and maintaining the cleanliness of the dish machine area.
- Takes food orders, presents to kitchen staff and delivers meals to residents and guests in a proper and timely manner in accordance with department and company standards.
- Responds quickly to resident and guest requests. Interacts with guests in the dining room to ensure their satisfaction.
- Ensures accurate fulfillment of orders and checks food quality. Returns food that does not meet quality standards such as temperature, color, and doneness.
- Responds to community issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room. Reports issues/concerns to management immediately.
- Assists with the preparation and assembly of meals, in accordance with the menu and in a safe, sanitary manner under the direction of the Cook or Dining Services Coordinator/Manager as needed.
- Ensures proper preparation, portioning and serving of foods according to standardized recipes and menus.
- Follows departmental procedures including sanitation, safety and cleaning schedules.
- Labels and dates all food products in the refrigerator, freezer and food storage area and properly disposes of refuse.
- Assists setting tables, removing dirty dishes, disposing of refuse and waste materials, and restocking inventory as needed.
- Operates a dish machine to wash dishes, glasses, cups, trays, silverware, and food service equipment.
- Sets up and cleans dish machine area; checks temperatures and soap dispensing levels.
- Stores clean equipment and utensils.
- Assists in maintaining preparation and service areas in a sanitary condition.
- Empties garbage and moves to dump site.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
Housekeeping - Essential Functions
While working in Housekeeping, under supervision, this position cleans, polishes, and sanitizes gathering and public spaces including lobbies, halls, stairwells, activities rooms, dining rooms, elevators, etc. to present the community in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests. Cleans residents’ apartments on a weekly basis or as needed. In addition, interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and directions as requested.
- Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. Properly sets up appropriate caution and safety signs to ensure safety of residents and visitors and ensures their removal as appropriate. Cleans carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions. Handles hazardous cleaning supplies according to proper procedures and ensures accurate labeling.
- Cleans public restrooms including washing, sanitizing, and/or polishing bathroom fixtures. Ensures that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Logs cleaning activities as required by procedures.
- Monitors cleaning supplies and reports inventory to supervisor.
- Visits assigned residences to perform basic apartment cleaning of bathroom fixtures and floors. Wipes surfaces in kitchen and ensures that appliances are clean. Vacuums and feather dusts surfaces in apartment. Avoids disturbing residents’ belongings and respects privacy. Removes linens from bed and returns to resident for cleaning. Makes beds with clean linens according to resident’s preferences. Logs cleaning activities as required by procedures.
- Interacts with residents in a friendly manner, providing meaningful attention. Communicates concerns with resident’s health to management as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in in-service educational classes, on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required. Prior experience in cleaning, housekeeping, dining preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Obtain and hold any local or state required food handling/supervision/sanitation licenses and/or certifications.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to respect the privacy of residents and to refrain from discussing their personnel situations and problems with other residents, particularly as it may relate to their health. Must be willing to communicate with residents of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Ability to complete cleaning tasks in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.