AR Compliance Analyst
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
This position conducts assessments of the Revenue Cycle Management Department’s governance, risk management, control and operational processes. These assessments are designed to add value by providing Management useful information to better manage risk, improve the organization’s operations, as well as to sustain the Company’s culture and values. Successful candidates will have knowledge and experience related to substantive testing of accounts, and analytical analysis; as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with demonstrated initiative and assertiveness.
- Document business processes and identify risks related to processes, functions and accounts targeted for assessment.
- Collaborate with other team members to execute work plans within established timelines to accomplish audit objectives.
- Keep supervisors apprised of progress and status.
- Create work product such as audit analysis, memoranda, and other working papers that document the business processes, audit procedures performed, the findings, and the results of those procedures. 5. Identify and understand root causes for exceptions identified.
- Work with process owners to develop practical, effective and affordable solutions to address identified exposures.
- Collaborate with audit team and relevant process owners to draft audit report.
- Track status of action plans developed in response to audit observations through to resolution.
- Develop and maintains relationships with company personnel at appropriate levels and continually improve client satisfaction.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology, or other related field required. Minimum two years experience in Revenue Cycle billing or auditing required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Effective task management skills. Knowledge and experience assessing management policies and procedures to address risks related to financial reporting, operational efficiency and effectiveness and compliance with regulatory requirements. Knowledge and experience related to information technology operations and systems & security are preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.