Area Vice President of Sales - West
Area Vice President of Sales needed to cover the West Region overseeing sales and growth for our home health agencies in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, California, Oregon and Washington. We are looking for sharp, innovative, problem-solving candidates with extensive medical sales management experience and a record of sales growth. Clinical candidates with a sales background also a plus. Candidate must be able to travel up to 4 days a week, though currently due to COVID-19 travel will be as needed.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
Voluntary STD and LTD
The AVP of Sales-BHS oversees and works in conjunction with Area Sales Managers, and local Home Health sales teams to direct and initiate sales processes, tools and technologies for multiple home health agencies within a respective area. The AVP of Sales-BHS will be responsible for directly overseeing, developing, monitoring sales and marketing processes and performance needed to support growth of the business and in alignment with divisional AVPs and/or overall company strategic plans. This position works closely with Business Development and Community leaders as well as both the Area and Division Vice Presidents (DVP) of Home Health.
The AVP of Sales-BHS will be responsible for providing thought leadership and analytical guidance towards the achievement of determined sales objectives by developing and providing strategies in conjunction with Area Sales Managers and appropriate business development teams as well as action steps, analytics and insights to customer teams for Brookdale Healthcare Services (BHS). Monitors customer forecasts vs. Budget and identifying and communication gaps on an ongoing basis; coordinating materials to support a sales and marketing function.
- Successfully markets and positions BHS programming within assigned territory. Supports team in achieving and exceeding all established business goals internally and externally for the Area in which they are responsible.
- Recommends, determines and implements the proper sales process and tools. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the lead tracking/management system. Monitors agency lead and business tracking systems, sales tools and resources to ensure compliance with system usage and follow up statistics.
- Plans and conducts sales meetings in collaboration with Area Sales Managers to inform, train, and motivate representatives as indicated.
- Communicates to the broader sales organization regarding Sales processes, strategies and other relevant information. Oversees the sales and marketing plans as well as the use of each agency’s marketing dollars to assure optimal exposure and maximum efficiencies.
- Collaborates with Business Development and Marketing to ensure promotional plans support and drive category brand growth including ACO & Bundled Payment opportunities. Pulls thru goals, programs and alignment with established business priorities.
- Partners with Operations teams including DVP, AVP, & Home Health Directors (HHDs) to ensure alignment and partnership to support sales, clinical and financials goal and objectives.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of the industry, and healthcare trends. Partners with Sales Managers and the agency teams in the development and modification of short and long-range agency marketing plans and budgets by providing competitor information, data and feedback.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training and coaching of all BHS Sales Managers and Area Sales Managers.
- Guides sales teams to sell promoted products to all customers according to the direction of management.
- Reviews account sales, utilization, and trends via sales reporting to ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers in conjunction with Area Sales Managers.
- Conducts regular Sales Team collaboration sessions in conjunction with Area Sales Managers to identify and remove barriers to support business growth.
- Assesses, interprets, and draws accurate conclusions from a variety of data sources. Mines extensive data points, interprets data and develops solid recommendations to enables sales and marketing.
- Analyzes account sales, utilization, and trends via sales reporting.
- Monitors marketing and sales team performance expectations. Assesses the skills and abilities for each Area Sales Manager.
- Conducts agency visits in conjunction with Area Sales Managers on a scheduled basis, approved by the VP of Strategic Planning and DVPs. Partners with the Area Sales Manager to align with community Sales teams and Executive Directors in the execution of the sales and marketing programs and strategies to develop and create a health and wellness continuum as defined by the community’s business plan.
- Partners with Brookdale Learning & Development, Analytics, Marketing, Community Sales Teams and other internal teams to support business unit growth and efficiency of operations.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the VP of Strategic Planning.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related field from a four year college or university is preferred. Ten plus years of experience in sales/marketing, with a minimum of 5 years managing large sales teams (50+). Expert knowledge of and experience with CRM platforms is required. Experience in home health care is required. Experience managing revenue targets over $100M required. Experience designing and implementing analytics/dashboards, CRM platform, Onboarding and training programs required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. Expert leadership skills as demonstrated through training, people development, project management and strategic planning. Remains current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge and understanding of the senior healthcare market and various senior living products, including home health. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, analytics and sales control systems (CRM). Highly skilled in all forms of communication (i.e. oral, written, presentations) at team, peer and executive levels. Ability to motivate and develop staff within all product lines and positions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.