Assistant Director, Clinical Services
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents, associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness – physical, mental, emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Assists the Director, Clinical Services in planning, organizing, developing and directing the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Services department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards. Assists in maintaining systems and established policy and procedures.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of each resident using acceptable long-term care assessment software tools and according to state and federal time frames. Coordinates care plans for each resident. Oversees the day to day care of each resident to ensure care plans are followed.
- Works with other team members to establish appropriate level of care in accordance with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement levels.
- Assists the Director, Clinical Services in ensuring comprehensive and accurate documentation by nursing service/direct personnel.
- Monitors, manages and provides education on Clinical Systems, programs, and processes as assigned by the Director, Clinical Services. Implements Clinical Systems and programs in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern long term care.
- Monitors the community Quality Indicators and survey reports and provides the Director, Clinical Services recommendations for Success Planning to include conducting and scheduling in-service training classes that provide instruction of clinical skills and required education topics.
- Assists in developing and implementing a Clinical Services organizational structure. Assists in determining staffing needs; recruits, selects, and orients nursing/direct care personnel. Leads programs for staff development. Develops work assignments, schedules duty hours, and delegates authority to supervisory/lead staff.
- Reviews complaints and grievances filed by personnel and/or residents. Reports and investigates all allegations of abuse and/or misappropriation of resident property. Reports suspected or known violations of disclosure of resident protected health information.
- Assists with the coordination of ancillary services.
- Collects, coordinates, and submits MDS data to the state.
- Monitors medication and treatment schedules; works with attending physicians; and provides direct care when required.
- Participates in maintaining the policy and procedures that govern the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Services Department. Possesses knowledge of state, federal, and OSHA regulations, and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines. Ensures staff compliance with regulations.
- Participates in developing and implementing safety standards and regulations for equipment, supplies, and resident care rooms. Implements safe practices in accordance with state, federal, and OSHA regulations for resident safety, and ensures that policies and procedures in regards to resident safety are followed by staff and by residents.
- Monitors supply and equipment needs and budget. Monitors Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university. Minimum two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Long term care experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have valid and current state (RN) license, issued by appropriate state licensing agency.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.