Assisted Living Director
Assisted Living Director
Brookdale Greenwood Village
Geenwood Village, CO
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for the overall operation of the Assisted Living Program within the community. Directs and manages staff that is providing for the care and needs of the residents.
- Oversees the operations and directs the day-to-day functions of staff in accordance with current roles, regulations and guidelines that govern the community. Ensures that emotional, physical, psychological, and safety needs are met through all program services and activities.
- Ensures that staff complies with the written policies and procedures established by Brookdale and the community.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree Nursing or related field from an accredited college plus a minimum of two to three years of experience in an assisted living, long term care or hospital setting, including experience with the senior population; or equivalent education and experience. Minimum of one year supervisory/management experience, including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations, discipline, and counseling.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must hold a valid Assisted Living Administrator's License in states where required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. uses sound judgement and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Demonstrates computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, and Excel). Ability to handle multiple priorities. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Possess strong written and verbal skills for effective communication. Demonstrates good judgement, strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.