Assisted Living Director of Nursing
Assisted Living Director of Nursing at Brookdale Sun Prairie
Sign on Bonus up to $3,000!
Annual Bonus Incentive Opportunity.
Are you looking for an employer who you can build your career with? Join Brookdale!
* Brookdale Sun Prairie is a small and family oriented memory care facility.
* As Director of Nursing you will work with our Memory care Program Coordinator to support residents.
* Brookdale has a structured orientation and many resources for our nurse managers.
Registered Nurse licensure required.
To learn more call Julie Arnold at 703-946-2095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online today!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of the community to ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents’ healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community. The HWD level for each community is determined based on the total complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but are not limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines, medication management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements, multiple licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and skilled services requiring an RN.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific training.
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the resident’s opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures that family members are aware of the resident’s need for scheduled appointments.
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with resident families with the intent of returning resident to Brookdale.
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and notifies Executive Director, resident’s physician, and resident’s legally responsible party/family of resident’s condition and reactions.
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents’ status and condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare-related services.
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Workers’ Compensation claims by appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic documentation.
- Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Must have valid driver’s license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and desire to understand the culture and work environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: Drives self (Tier 2)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.