Associate Executive Director
Brookdale Brookfield is a GREAT place to further your career as an Associate Executive Director.
- Brookdale Brookfield Assisted Living and Memory Care for our residents. Our team is dedicated to providing excellent care and families are comfortable knowing their loved ones are receiving individualized care.
- As the largest senior living and assisted living provider, Brookdale offers lots of opportunity for growth and advancement with about 700 communities in 42 states, with heavy concentration in Wisconsin, Florida, and Ohio. With Brookdale, you will have many options to advance and grow your career as a senior administrator and Executive Director.
- Brookdale Brookfield provides a beautiful home for our residents and a great environment for our employees. Brookdale provides excellent training to ensure you have all the skills needed to be a successful Associate Executive Director.
Perks Available to Our Associates
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Whether it’s with a 401(k) or an insurance health plan, we want to make sure you feel appreciated, and that your work is valued.
Full-time and part-time associates enjoy:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution – Brookdale will make a matching contribution equal to 25% of your elective deferrals each Plan year quarter. Brookdale will not match your elective deferrals in excess of 4% of your Compensation each Plan Year quarter.
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit – Save pre-tax money to pay for parking and transportation costs getting to and from work.
- Associate Compassion Fund – Nonprofit fund for associates, funded by associates.
- Associate Discounts – Including: Senior Living & Personalized Living, AT&T, Perks at Work, Dignity Memorial, FedEx, Ford, GE, Hotelogical, Nestle, Staples, Ticket Monster Perks, Verizon.
Full time associates also enjoy additional benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans – Including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit – Get reimbursed for certain expenses related to the adoption of a child.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Get reimbursed for eligible expenses for qualifying undergraduate studies tuition as well as for prep courses for licensures, certifications and CEUs.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for the day-to-day operational execution in support of an Executive Director within a larger community. Manages occupancy and monthly financial performance for the property. Maintains positive working relationships with all residents, resident family members, employees, and the business community.
- Under direct supervision of an Executive Director, responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates staff. Maintains superior training and morale. Ensures training programs are effectively executed.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues. Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a proactive program ensuring the highest renewal rate possible.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develops annual operating and capital budgets. Maintains budget accountability to the Executive Director, aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates employees in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates with attention paid to consistency in the selection and retention of quality personnel.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with all requirements.
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and optimum services. Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of stability. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Conducts department head meetings on a weekly basis. Conducts quarterly associate meetings to review safety on all aging issues and building issues. Conducts quarterly residential meetings.
- Keeps current on competitive projects and programs in the market place.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Gerontology, Business or other related field is required. Minimum two to four years proven management experience in retirement housing, hospitality or health care is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State license as a nursing home administrator and/or Assisted Living License.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/ guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Has working knowledge of the organization. Understanding of legal requirements impacting skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. Understanding of sound business practices and approaches for analyzing general and specific operational issues. Understanding of appropriate methods for hiring, training, evaluating, motivating and disciplining personnel. High degree of accuracy in all assignments; ability to multi task and work with numerous interruptions; high degree of initiative; good judgment; employs professional ethics; high degree of customer service orientation;
excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to motivate others. Ability to work in a stressful environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.