Associate Executive Director /Brookdale Dr. Phillips
OverviewAssociate Executive Director Brookdale Dr. Phillips Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care. Click Here to View this community
Responsible for the day-to-day operational execution within a small AL/MC building. Manages occupancy and monthly financial performance for the property. Maintains positive working relationships with all residents, resident family members, employees, and the business community.
- Under direct supervision of an Executive Director, responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates staff. Maintains superior training and morale. Ensures training programs are effectively executed.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues. Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a proactive program ensuring the highest renewal rate possible.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develops annual operating and capital budgets. Maintains budget accountability to the Executive Director, aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates employees in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates with attention paid to consistency in the selection and retention of quality personnel.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with all requirements.
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and optimum services. Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of stability. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Conducts department head meetings on a weekly basis. Conducts quarterly associate meetings to review safety on all aging issues and building issues. Conducts quarterly residential meetings.
- Keeps current on competitive projects and programs in the market place.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Gerontology, Business or other related field is required. Minimum two to four years proven management experience in retirement housing, hospitality or health care is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State license as a nursing home administrator and/or Assisted Living License.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/ guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Has working knowledge of the organization. Understanding of legal requirements impacting skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. Understanding of sound business practices and approaches for analyzing general and specific operational issues. Understanding of appropriate methods for hiring, training, evaluating, motivating and disciplining personnel. High degree of accuracy in all assignments; ability to multi task and work with numerous interruptions; high degree of initiative; good judgment; employs professional ethics; high degree of customer service orientation; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to motivate others. Ability to work in a stressful environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.