At Home Caregiver / CNA FT / PT - ALL SHIFTS
- 12 hr shifts 7am-7pm/8am-8pm
Are you looking for a career helping seniors? Are you searching for a second job and/or flexible work hours? Your search is over! A private duty caregiver career with Brookdale at Home is the job for you! All of Brookdale’s home care agency offices are located within a Brookdale Senior Living community. Full-time, Part-time and POOL positions available.
- One on one companionship
- Non-medical hands on care; including assisting seniors with dressing, bathing, grooming, personal care and assisting with transfers
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Pet care
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments and other errands
- Medication reminders
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents, associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness – physical, mental, emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Flexible schedule position that provides clients with assistance and companionship while recognizing clients’ individual needs and encourages independence.
- Non-medical hands on care; including dressing, bathing, grooming, personal care and assistance with transfers.
- Provides one on one companionship to client.
- May assist clients with medication as defined in medication procedure.
- Performs general housekeeping duties, following cleaning schedules for client laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Assists with pet care as needed.
- Provides transportation to doctor's appointments and other errands.
- Attends and participates in required training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, and collaborative team. Notifies manager of any changes in client condition/status.
- Provides personal care to clients per their individualized plan of care.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, in compliance with state regulations; and one to three months of healthcare / homecare experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable transportation. Must have a valid state identification card. Valid driver’s license is preferred.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively in English with residents, family members and other associates of the company. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Uses good judgment in emergency situations, and seeks assistance when needed.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.