Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides resident satisfaction through services provided in the beauty salon.
- Provides services of a full-service beauty salon including, but not limited to, shampooing, cutting, setting of hair, hair coloring, perms and manicures.
- Ensures residents and guests with scheduled appointments are serviced promptly.
- Keeps beauty salon well stocked with supplies; orders supplies as needed.
- Keeps salon clean and maintains pleasant environment for residents.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
One year beautician certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience as a stylist.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Maintains state beautician license.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have knowledge and expertise in providing salon services; know how to use different salon equipment. Good communication skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 10 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.