Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Provides overall administration, development, implementation, and compliance of various associate benefit programs.
- Acts as point person for 401(k) internal and external audits and annual non-discrimination testing. Performs benefit audits as assigned. Audits benefit plans for compliance with federal regulations and company policy.
- Evaluates company notices and postings to ensure adherence to distribution and posting requirements.
- Assists in the review and interpretation of plan documents and summary plan descriptions and prepares language to reflect changes in plan design and administration.
- Evaluates and compares company benefit programs to those of other employers through the development of and participation in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys to provide recommendations. Participates in development of proposal requests to existing and potential vendors.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating policies and ensuring policy and practices are in alignment. Analyzes and redesigns policy to meet company objectives adhering to state and federal legislation and ensuring alignment between policy and practice.
- Serves as department PeopleSoft “power user”. Manages benefit related data, maintains benefit tables, develops and uses queries, runs interfaces and analyzes employee utilization of current benefits.
- Administers wellness programs. Provides statistics on a regular cadence for participation in company wellness programs.
- Resolves department questions regarding the benefit program. Trains/mentors new and incumbent department employees. Provides input on the recruitment of benefits specialists. Assists benefits specialists with answering phone calls during annual enrollment and other periods of high call volume.
- Responsible for researching and analyzing second level health claim appeals or escalations and prepares responses to associates.
- Works with data warehouse team quarterly to examine benefit trends and develop strategy to mitigate high cost claimants.
- Reconciles and processes monthly billing statements and reports.
- Responsible for maintaining timeline of regulated activities (e.g. 5500 filings, SMM/SPD disbursement, QDIA mailing, 401k internal/external audits and non-discrimination testing). Maintains departmental contracts, vendor contacts and oversees the general organization of plan documents, associate records and the like.
- Works with vendors to resolve issues as necessary.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years of benefits administration preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Strong PeopleSoft skills are preferred. Effective written and oral communications skills. 401(k) administration experience strongly preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.