Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Provides human resources support to associates by answering benefits questions via the telephone and email. Assists associates with benefit elections and changes. Possesses strong knowledge of the company's human resources policies and procedures.
- Provides human resources assistance to associates in a call center environment.
- Understands benefits plans and coverage provisions. Applies them to individual associate situations.
- Responds to benefits-related inquiries in a timely manner by means of telephone or email. Explains benefits eligibility and educates associates on how to make benefits changes on-line.
- Utilizes organization's HRIS system to view associate benefits elections. Examines associate records to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
- Supports field and corporate office staff regarding benefits questions.
- Assists with annual benefits open enrollment communications to all associates.
- Assists with HR-related audits of benefits data and other statistical reports.
- May assist in coordinating COBRA notifications through third party administrator.
- May assist in monitoring requests for leaves of absence to ensure state and federal compliance.
- May process life insurance and disability claims forms, ensuring payments are properly issued by the company.
- Escalates issues and/or problems to the appropriate manager, as necessary.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associates or Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field preferred. Minimum of one to two years general human resources experience required; experience in benefits preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.