Business Development Coordinator
Business Development Coordinator
Marketing & business development for our assisted living & memory care campus
Brookdale Meridian, 5250 Marsh Road, Haslett, MI 48840
As a Business Development Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to advance your career by providing support to the local senior living community by:
• Creating and implementing effective business development plans that will have a direct impact on our occupancy goals throughout the community
• Assist the sales and marketing staff with maintaining great relations with local businesses as well as developing new business relationships within the Haslett area
• Provide progress reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing on established business development goals
• Research and provide information on competitor issues that would affect the occupancy of the local Brookdale community
The only thing constant is change. Are you up virtually up for the challenge?
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field
* Two years of sales/marketing experience in related industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education
* Must have a valid driver's license and reliable automobile
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Creates and implements effective community business development plans in order to maintain sales and occupancy goals throughout the community. Assists the sales and marketing staff with new business development and community relations within market area. May oversee multiple communities depending on size or part of market cluster; may report to regional sales and marketing management if overseeing
multiple communities. Represents the company as the leader in Senior Living to all referral sources. Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the market.
- Provides strategy, support and vision to the Director of Sales & Marketing in a specified community or communities to achieve sales and occupancy goals through effective Business Development efforts.
- Creates community business development plans and engages in business development activities and events for the community.
- Schedules networking meetings on a regular basis to meet or exceed established departmental goals.
- Visits local hospitals on a weekly basis. Meets with residents as directed by Director of Sales & Marketing or Executive Director.
- Visits with competitors on a quarterly basis. Creates and updates competitive analyses on a quarterly basis. Serves as main contact for all competitive issues that would affect the community.
- Utilizes the community for networking meetings and events.
- Creates and maintains special events calendar for the community. Develops and organizes community events to meet established monthly goals. Serves as the primary contact for area events.
- Communicates any new leads to the sales staff.
- Keeps up to date with Innovative Senior Care Services and utilizes local Therapists at the community for Business Development activities.
- Provides support at the community if needed.
- Keeps the Director of Sales & Marketing updated on all business development activities on weekly basis. Provides information relevant to pricing, terms, policy and marketing strategy.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and a minimum of one to three years sales/marketing experience in related industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable automobile.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Windows environment computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., preferred). Ability to facilitate complex problem solving. Effective organizational skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.