Business Development Coordinator
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Responsible for securing non-paid referrals that convert to move-ins by gaining the advocacy of local influencers. Creates and implements effective community business development plans to support sales and occupancy goals and revenue targets throughout the community. Represents the company as the leader in Senior Living to all referral sources. Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the community and is responsible for ensuring their assigned community is the first choice for quality senior living experiences.
- Make sales calls to local professional and volunteer influencers to gain quality referrals and expand current referral network.
- Partner with the Executive Director to ensure that ED is introduced to and engaged with key local influencers to maximize business development.
- Partner with Brookdale community leaders of clinical, resident programing, culinary & memory care to ensure that their work is known in the greater community and that they are regarded as experts in creating experiences to better manage the challenges of aging.
- Accurately maintain SMS database content with all sales activity and maximize utilization of Brookdale sales and marketing systems and resources.
- Produce and manage a rolling 90 day sales plan to be used for goal setting, time and resource management, and updates to Brookdale leadership.
- Attend stand-up in represented Brookdale community at least once a week to report on specifics of sales work and to get input/partnership to maximize the results of the sales plan.
- With high professional standards, represent Brookdale well as measured in the growth of census and revenue for your represented community.
- Build a productive network of local professionals who recognize that seniors can live better if they recommend and advocate a move to a Brookdale community.
- Assist during emergency situations as requested to help ensure appropriate support for community operations.
- Perform other supporting duties and functions as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and a minimum of one year sales experience in a related industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable car transportation with insurance, plus a valid driver’s license is required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Windows environment computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., preferred). Effective organizational skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.