Business Development Director
Full-time Senior Living Business Development Director to cover our communities in Ocala, Florida.
Do you live and breathe sales? Are you energetic, a self-starter and excited about sales?
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for securing non-paid referrals that convert to move-ins by gaining the advocacy of local influencers. Creates and implements effective community business development plans to support sales and occupancy goals and revenue targets throughout the community. Represents the company as the leader in Senior Living to all referral sources. Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the community and is responsible for ensuring their assigned communities are the first choice for quality senior living experiences.
- Make sales calls to local professional and volunteer influencers to gain quality referrals and expand current referral network.
- Partner with the Executive Director to ensure that ED is introduced to and engaged with key local influencers to maximize business development.
- Partner with Brookdale community leaders of clinical, resident programing, culinary & memory care to ensure that their work is known in the greater community and that they are regarded as experts in creating experiences to better manage the challenges of aging.
- Accurately maintain SMS database content with all sales activity and maximize utilization of Brookdale sales and marketing systems and resources.
- Produce and manage a rolling 90 day sales plan to be used for goal setting, time and resource management, and updates to Brookdale leadership.
- Attend stand-up in represented Brookdale community at least once a week to report on specifics of sales work and to get input/partnership to maximize the results of the sales plan.
- With high professional standards, represent Brookdale well as measured in the growth of census and revenue for your represented community.
- Build a productive network of local professionals who recognize that seniors can live better if they recommend and advocate a move to a Brookdale community.
- Assist during emergency situations as requested to help ensure appropriate support for community operations.
- Perform other supporting duties and functions as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and a minimum of three years sales experience in a related industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Two years of sales and marketing management experience is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable car transportation with insurance, plus a valid driver’s license is required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Windows environment computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., preferred). Effective organizational skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.