Business Development Director
Make Lives Better, Including Your Own! Join our team of sales and marketing professionals serving the retirement poplulation of Windsor, Chanate, Napa and Santa Rosa, California (CA) markets.
At Brookdale, we understand the happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates. As a Business Development Director you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. At Brookdale, you’ll earn more than a paycheck! Our Business Development leaders enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Identifies and executes collaborative partnerships with national and/or major non-healthcare related accounts. Accounts include but are not limited to Employer Groups, Associations or Organizations, third party Employer Benefits Companies which have employees or customers interested in the Brookdale senior housing service line. Generates leads by determining referral source employee benefits and program needs and partners with Brookdale’s centralized intake, Learning and Development, legal, operations and sales teams for implementation and execution of the collaborative opportunity. Provides supportive training materials and program execution processes as needed and indicated. Coordinates joint business development and account management activity with District and/or field sales/field business development teams and supports District/Region/Division teams in maximizing referral source account management, promotional events, marketing/sales related activity and business plan development/execution in the various market(s) as needed for successful implementation. Monitors results of sales activity and provides coaching and sales recommendations to teams to enhance account performance.
- Identifies, vets and gains approval from appropriate corporate stakeholders responsible for market(s) pertinent to the Brookdale Employer Group Offering Program collaboration.
- Provides supportive education and training materials to sales teams regarding the Brookdale Employer Group Offering Program.
- Implements ongoing sales training materials and support to field sales teams via training conference calls or shadowing teams in the field as determined by sales and operations leaders.
- Identifies and coordinates global sales opportunities and cross referral strategies with the Corp Business Development team and assists in determining collaborative priorities within the department and between appropriate Brookdale leadership teams, product lines and/or markets.
- Manages and develops both new and existing large non-healthcare accounts for ongoing partnership enhancements to increase senior housing leads, move in’s and occupancy.
- Maintains working knowledge of lead management system and uses it to maximize sales effectiveness and provide recommendations to leaders on areas of improvement to grow business.
- Utilizes sales processes, systems and data to provide an analysis of Brookdale Employer Group Offering performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Closes sales by assisting Employer Groups and their employees on understanding the benefits of Brookdale’s senior housing product line and providing them education on our services and/or programs that meet their need.
- Ensures marketing collaterals, advertising, special event signage, promotional materials meet the Brookdale standard, are specific to the service or program and are focused toward the target audience intended.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education is required. A minimum of five years sales experience preferably in the healthcare industry or medical or pharmaceutical sales with a proven track record of generating and closing a high volume of sales preferred. An understanding of Acute and Post-Acute positioning and emerging healthcare trends as well as knowledge of healthcare payer reimbursement guidelines and multi-healthcare product line experience is required
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses independent judgment to establish procedures and overall strategic direction that may affect a community, multiple communities, industry sectors and/or functional disciplines. Solves the most complex problems that require understanding and evaluation of impacts on the organization.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a professional discipline and maintains extensive theoretical business and industry knowledge. Provides overall leadership and direction to the business at the national, regional or divisional level. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations to include applicable processes for the product line(s) being sold. Knowledge of state regulations impacting or directing the delivery of services is required. Ability to operate personal computers and related software is required. Previous experience with contact management database, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to build trust and act honestly in relationships with others is required. Ability to assess and understand customers’ expectations, needs and circumstances is essential. Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and to treat people with dignity, respect, fairness and maturity is required. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.