Business Development Director
CCRC Business Development Director - Brookdale University Park, Birmingham, AL
This is an incentive based position, to include a base + up to $5,000 quarterly incentive plan.
We are looking for a Business Development Director professional with a proven track record of generating qualified leads. As our Business Development Director, you will partner with the Executive Director and District Director of Sales to create and execute a marketing plan for our 322 unit Continuing Care Retirement Community. We will provide you with the training and support to develop referral sources and bring in new residents.
Why Brookdale University Park?
- Our chef John obtained his training at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) in New York, NY. He has over 20 years’ experience in senior living and 5 Star Dining in New Orleans, LA and Atlanta, GA. Our associate dining services director, Janet, has over 20 years’ experience with Brookdale University Park and loves to bake.
- Our program director, Julie, along with her team, has been serving our residents for over 17 years.
- Great tenure and experience continues in our Care & Wellness department. Our ADON, along with our Administrator (both RN's), bring almost 30 years of experience to our residents.
- Our residents are able to enjoy walking trails, including the 3-mile Lakeshore Trail, and nature while also being close to local shopping, hospitals, and restaurants. Our gated community brings peace of mind for our residents’ safety. Residents can enjoy being on their patio or balcony with views of mature trees, our putting green or other residents walking their pets.
Brookdale is a Great Place to Be!
- Our community thrives off of our family like atmosphere. Everyone is family here and that sets us apart from others in our area. You won’t find a better to place to work that works together as 1 team to ensure our residents are our top priority.
- We are a nationwide company with over 675 communities offering a career not just a job with opportunities for advancement.
- Extensive corporate support.
You Are A Perfect Fit For This Position If:
- You have a passion for working with seniors
- You have a passion for driving sales
- You are a team player
- You have compassion, empathy, respect & integrity
- You are looking for professional growth
Required skills and qualifications:
* Proven results in sales; senior living experience a plus!
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field from an accredited college or university preferred
* Two years of sales experience with a proven track record of generating and closing a high percentage of qualified leads
* Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office and database systems
* Ability to effectively listen and communicate both verbally and in writing
* Must be self-directed, able to prioritize tasks as well as have the ability to accept directives
* Team player with industry knowledge and the ability to connect with families
* Ability to build effective relationships with local business partners
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Responsible for securing non-paid referrals that convert to move-ins by gaining the advocacy of local influencers. Creates and implements effective community business development plans to support sales and occupancy goals and revenue targets throughout the community. Represents the company as the leader in Senior Living to all referral sources. Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the community and is responsible for ensuring their assigned communities are the first choice for quality senior living experiences.
- Make sales calls to local professional and volunteer influencers to gain quality referrals and expand current referral network.
- Partner with the Executive Director to ensure that ED is introduced to and engaged with key local influencers to maximize business development.
- Partner with Brookdale community leaders of clinical, resident programing, culinary & memory care to ensure that their work is known in the greater community and that they are regarded as experts in creating experiences to better manage the challenges of aging.
- Accurately maintain SMS database content with all sales activity and maximize utilization of Brookdale sales and marketing systems and resources.
- Produce and manage a rolling 90 day sales plan to be used for goal setting, time and resource management, and updates to Brookdale leadership.
- Attend stand-up in represented Brookdale community at least once a week to report on specifics of sales work and to get input/partnership to maximize the results of the sales plan.
- With high professional standards, represent Brookdale well as measured in the growth of census and revenue for your represented community.
- Build a productive network of local professionals who recognize that seniors can live better if they recommend and advocate a move to a Brookdale community.
- Assist during emergency situations as requested to help ensure appropriate support for community operations.
- Perform other supporting duties and functions as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and a minimum of three years sales experience in a related industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Two years of sales and marketing management experience is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable car transportation with insurance, plus a valid driver’s license is required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Windows environment computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., preferred). Effective organizational skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.