Business Office Manager
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for the direct management and supervision of the business office at a community. Coordinates and oversees all human resources, payroll, billing, and operational processes within the department. May also directly supervise housekeeping staff. Monitors efficiency levels within the business unit and financial resource utilization. Assists in and ensures efficient and effective communication with other departments.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the business office, including staffing coverage and management.
- Organizes office operations and procedures such as typing, flow of correspondence, filing, and other operational duties. Evaluates office production, revises procedures, and devises new forms to improve efficiency of work flow.
- Processes orders for all necessary equipment and supplies. Orders within budgetary guidelines and maintains inventory control.
- Accounts for administrative budget and provides reports to management as requested.
- Promotes personal and professional growth of staff and conducts performance reviews. Places ads; interviews and makes hiring decisions regarding open positions. Works with human resources on disciplinary situations and meets with associates to discuss issues and concerns.
- Reviews weekly payroll reports and addresses associate payroll concerns. Works with Corporate Payroll to resolve issues.
- Completes or assists with special projects as requested by community or senior management.
- Maintains associate personnel files. Completes staff training and orientation as needed.
- Conducts community tours to prospective residents and their families.
- Reviews and submits invoices to accounts payable for administration.
- Monitors billing errors and long-distance coverage problems of telephone systems. Contacts provider to resolve issues.
- Oversees mail room activities.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; minimum of one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five years experience in an office setting. Previous managerial experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Proficient with computer use and software applications. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization. Must possess excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities. Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the day-to-day operations and interaction with associates and residents. Promotes and maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers, patients, family members, and facility personnel. Projects a positive and professional image at all times. Working knowledge of basic accounting terminology and processes.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.