Business Systems Analyst, Lead
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for executing business application development projects and the subsequent support of those applications. Provides input and participates in the planning and execution of these activities.
1. Performs analysis and design tasks related to both new and existing applications. Completes analysis with business users as required ensuring support of their business objectives.
2. Performs systems development life cycle (SDLC) tasks, as required, to support project objectives.
3. Performs testing of application programs within Brookdale’s system/regression test environment, develops test cases, tests data, and ensures test requirements are met and documented.
4. Leads teams of business analysis and developers to deliver business solutions.
5. Assists in writing business cases with business owners.
6. Takes lead role in designing business solutions.
7. Documents and communicates testing results. Tracks and verifies any required corrections and ensures completion.
8. Works with business personnel on process analysis, as appropriate. Applies input in the creation of new processes.
9. Assesses, recommends, and implements re-engineering processes, where appropriate.
10. Assists project team members, as appropriate.
11. Supports project planning through estimation of appropriate tasks.
12. Performs project lead responsibilities for appropriate size projects, utilizing appropriate project management techniques and methodologies.
13. Develops and modifies application ad-hoc and standard reports using SQL, or other tools.
14. Serves as a primary resource for application support issues. Troubleshoots and resolves problems, and properly documents issues and resolutions. Identifies existing and/or potential project and system issues, and formulates systematic solutions to meet business requirements.
15. Trains co-workers and users on applications to ensure proper understanding and support.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related field required. Minimum eight years experience in IT or Business. Previous programming experience using standard development tools and languages with proficiency in applicable technical platform is preferred. Minimum eight years experience in the design and development of complex business applications and solutions, in the business systems analyst role. Minimum eight years experience writing SQL queries in Oracle and/or SQL Server database environments. Minimum two years experience with writing test plans, preparing test data, and defect management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally. Provides basic mentoring and leadership to new members of the team.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Understands the basics of writing SQL, for the appropriate platform, and can create database objects and understands their uses. Able to identify issues and perform basic to intermediate level trouble shooting techniques with little direction from managers or peers. Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Experience with testing tool sets.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.