Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for providing support to the dining staff by maintaining a pleasant and clean dining environment through the removal of soiled dishes and the re-setting of tables. Ensures the quality and standards of food and service are in accordance with Brookdale standards.
- Removes soiled dishes, glasses and flatware from the tables.
- Sets tables in preparation of dining service.
- Resets tables with proper setting.
- Keeps bus stations stocked and organized.
- Completes assigned side work.
- Responds to resident and guest requests quickly and pleasantly.
- Assists in service of resident tables whenever requested by the server.
- Assists in beverage service by pouring coffee/water and providing tea and cold beverages to the residents and guests.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous experience in a dining environment a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Obtain and hold any local or state required food handling/supervision/sanitation licenses and/or certifications.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.