Care Transition Manager
Brookdale Home Health Care is looking for a Care Transition Manager/Care Coordinator to join our team. We are seeking a clinician who is passionate about educating and working with our Brookdale Residents and their Physicians! This role will be covering our Brookdale communities.
* Facilitate a consistent service delivery of the Brookdale Home Health Care Services continuum including highest quality care for the patient and family
* Participate in but not limited to identification of clinical needs with residents & the coordination of collaborative Care for Home Health Care Services while additionally accountable for completing the referral process including communicating to the patient, the family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate
* Participate in regular meetings with Executive Directors and Area Managers to review customer experience, quality of care delivery, and program growth
* Serve as an educational resource to the community regarding healthcare services
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for creating an exceptional Brookdale Healthcare Services (BHS) customer experience through the timely and successful coordination and delivery of appropriate services to our residents. Ensures continuity of care by facilitating open communication between all involved in patient care activities and following through on service delivery. Builds and maintains positive relationships with community and regional leadership, health care providers, community resources, and other stakeholders to develop ancillary programs in the communities and identify business development opportunities. Maintains the objectives, goals, and philosophy of quality healthcare delivery in conjunction with the Brookdale Healthcare Services (BHS) mission and cornerstones.
- Facilitates consistent service delivery of the BHS continuum including the highest quality care for the resident and family.
- Participates in resident need identification processes including, but not limited to, Collaborative Care, and is accountable for completing the referral process including communication to the resident, family, staff, and other professionals as appropriate.
- Provides follow-up on resident hospitalizations and makes contact with residents returning from the hospital within 24 hours
- Participates in regular meetings with Executive Directors and Area Managers to review customer experience, quality of care delivery, and program growth.
- Serves as an educational resource to the community regarding healthcare services. Coordinates available resources for staff and families. Markets BHS to any appropriate audience.
- Develops effective rapport with physicians, community associates, discharge planners, and other referral sources and regularly visits them.
- Participates in external marketing, as appropriate, including building relationships with referral sources, conducting physician visits, supporting marketing functions sponsored by the communities, engaging in community networking, and meeting with discharge planners as needed.
- Participates in community BHS program development. In cooperation with other BHS leaders, assesses the needs of the community and develops a Network Action Plan (NAP) with quarterly goals.
- Develops and delivers health educational services.
- Runs all necessary reports to operate the business. Demonstrates the ability to analyze the data, think critically through problems, and solve identified issues to achieve the business objectives.
- Leads new initiatives and is responsible for the successful implementation of programs. Takes responsibility for learning and managing new programs or initiatives within assigned area.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum two years of experience in healthcare with experience participating in Collaborative Care (or similar) meetings and influencing customers required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN license preferred.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical, professional, and clinical judgment. Ability to address staff, residents, and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner. Effective verbal and written communication skills required. Must be willing and able to communicate with residents of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of residents to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.