Cash Application Analyst
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for developing and analyzing all cash posting functions and related reporting within the policies and procedures established by management. Provides assistance and advice regarding the preparation of organization cash applications.
- Posts cash receipts to resident’s accounts and reconciles batches daily.
- Works with bank on auto cash posting. Analyzes exceptions for improved hit rates, balances detail daily.
- Contacts communities/residents for information regarding cash application if necessary.
- Analyzes availability of current resources and makes recommendations on allocation.
- Investigates un-posted cash receipts and applies to correct accounts.
- Prepares A/R, G/L, and related reports as needed.
- Investigates unapplied credits and initiates requests for adjustments, transfers or resident refunds.
- Assists Accounts Receivable Department/Properties to identify payments received.
- Prepares journal entries and/or adjustments to A/R.
- Prepares Month-end G/L report for Accounting.
- Assists in projects and meetings when applicable.
- Recognizes and reports cash receipt trends, e.g. fraud, theft, etc. to Treasury Operations Supervisor.
- Enforces and explains cash application policies and procedures.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma required. Minimum of one year accounts receivable or cash application experience. Knowledge of general accounts receivable computer systems and Microsoft Excel. Must be detail oriented, organized, and accurate and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.