Chaplain - PRN - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Fosters relationships with residents and their families with the goal of providing them with spiritual leadership and
direction. Assists residents and their families with the planning, organization, implementation, and evaluation of a
religious program to attend to residents' spiritual needs.
- Establishes personal relationships with residents and their families; provides encouragement to the
residents and staff at the community.
- Spends time with those expressing a desire to grow in their relationship with God.
- Encourages communication and fellowship among residents.
- Provides weekly non-denominational worship, including administration of communion. Leads and
fosters weekly non-denominational Bible studies and devotions within the community.
- Works with other staff members to encourage application of Christian principles in the rendering of
- Conducts one-on-one visits with each of the residents at least once a month or as needed. Visits
those residents who have temporarily transferred for hospital care or rehabilitation.
- Monitors participation in worship and related activity programs.
- Alerts the Executive Director of any change in residents’ behavior.
- Works with life enrichment coordinator/specialist in coordinating activities for the residents.
- Attends family council meetings and other family support meetings as requested. Acts as
facilitator at family support group meetings.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Completion of undergraduate work in a related field is required. Completion or pursuance of a masters-level
degree in Christian ministry from an accredited seminary is preferred. A course concentration in ministry to senior
adults is desirable.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Ordained or seeking to be ordained from a recognized Christian denomination is preferred, but not required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and
experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and
work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.