Chaplain Hospice - PRN
Immediately Hiring Nationwide
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the provision of spiritual care services to patients and families/caregivers of Brookdale Hospice, either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors.
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development of the individualized the plan of care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet identified spiritual needs.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers.
- Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policies and procedures review and revision.
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested.
- Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary group on spiritual care.
- Plans periodic memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team.
- Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when assigned to patients/ families/caregivers.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (BD, M.Div. or equivalent theological degree), licensed ordained minister or equivalent experience. Experience working with death and dying, individuals/family/ caregiver. Ability to work as member of interdisciplinary group. Comfort in an interfaith setting. Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and values. Ability to network with community clergy and congregations. Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care. Hospice/experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of the healthcare industry. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Effective written and oral communication skills and human relation skills are essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.