Clinical Learning Specialist
**This is a remote role, RN required or in process**
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of the new Health & Wellness Director- Assisted Living/Director of Clinical Services-Skilled Nursing by effectively addressing learning and development needs. The Clinical Training Specialist is accountable for providing training, learning, development opportunities, and coaching to new Health and Wellness Directors/Directors of Clinical Services that supports all aspects of the community clinical positions. Assists in the implementation, delivery and evaluation of clinical trainings. This position also manages, organizes, and publicizes company-wide training program schedules, which include but are not limited to web-based, site based and field based learning.
- Delivers the portfolio of Brookdale Health & Wellness Director (HWD)/Director of Clinical Services (DCS) training and leadership programs in a dynamic, impactful and consistent way that drives strong clinical outcomes, business results and fulfills Brookdale’s mission. Provides follow up support and coaching, as necessary.
- Assists in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of HWD/DCS training and leadership materials such as, but not limited to, orientation guides, instructor guides, student guides/workbooks, video support, intranet articles and field based mentoring agendas for HWD/DCS Orientation.
- Prepares for course delivery by mastering training content, including reviewing instructor notes and course materials. Understands the design of the training materials, goals of the business, and learning needs of the participants in order to deliver training effectively. Understands and utilizes adult learning principles and best practices in Clinical training delivery.
- Delivers interactive, engaging learner-focused instruction. Encourages and enhances participation, facilitates discussion, and keeps learners focused by managing timing and pace. Participates in coaching sessions to continually build training delivery capabilities and subject matter knowledge relevant to assigned clinical training courses.
- Documents the effectiveness of clinical training delivery during each segment of the course via observation. Ensures consistent delivery of the training as intended and addresses opportunities for improvement. Assesses the delivery experience and makes recommendations on course design, as appropriate, to the design team. Provides feedback on the delivery of pilot learning programs, as needed.
- Partners with appropriate resources to prepare the learning environment prior to training delivery and address issues, as needed, to ensure effective delivery. Provides clarity on the requisite logistical arrangements and physical arrangement of the instruction site, materials, equipment and furniture.
- Reports any attendance issues, class trends and learning deficiencies subsequent to delivery as observed during training. Contributes to discussions on trends and potential opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of training delivery.
- Continually develops learning, leadership and development acumen, maintain awareness of the full portfolio of Clinical training programs and changes as they occur.
- Provides individualized coaching and development to HWD’s and DCS, as directed by the Director of Learning Programs-Clinical.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Business, Education, or related field required. Minimum three years experience in clinical management for senior living (Assisted Living, Memory Care, Independent Living, and Skilled Nursing) or some combination of these areas required. Two years experience in healthcare or management preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Active RN License
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven experience in training, e-learning design and development, business acumen and training. Excellent writing and editing skills required. Expert knowledge of adult learning, training, career and organizational development techniques, policies and procedures. Strong platform style and ability to motivate groups while delivering presentations. Proven efficiency in managing multiple projects, such as planning learning events, operations meetings and strategic business planning processes. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Publisher (or similar type desktop publishing program).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.