Clinical Manager- Home Health - Up To 3500 Sign On Bonus
Nurse on Call - Home Healthcare by Brookdale, is a Medicare certified agency providing home healthcare services.We take pride in our strong reputation for furnishing the high quality skilled nursing, rehabilitation and related services that our patients and their families and physicians expect and deserve.
We enrich lives every day.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the planning, coordination, and delivery of quality interdisciplinary home health care services, ensuring compliance to federal/state standards and clinical best practices.
- Supervises, monitors, and ensures competencies and performance of assigned home health care team(s) and ensures the delivery of quality home health services.
- Supervises ongoing case management of all patients ensuring an accurate evaluation and treatment plan, maintaining our quality model, and utilizing services appropriately to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Provides clinical oversight for home health patients within assigned team(s).
- Reviews electronically submitted documentation and provides feedback to clinicians regarding deficiencies or OASIS corrections (with feedback from Quality Review Specialist) to ensure the medical records reflect compliance with medical necessity, homebound status, and visit utilization and are supported by individual patient assessment/ documentation support and transition (discharge) planning.
- Reviews agency assigned team outcome data, participates in and facilitates improvement activities for agency outcomes performance.
- Reviews patient schedules to ensure appropriate coordination of care and clinical needs and ensures efficiency of clinical associates.
- Works directly with the assigned home health care team with the ongoing implementation of approved work methods, patient care model, and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering high quality care.
- Maintains ongoing communication regarding patient care with physicians, referral sources, caregivers, patients, community management, and associates to facilitate coordination of care.
- Coordinates case conference with clinical team ensuring quality care of patients as evidenced by supporting documentation.
- Serves as an educator and mentor for assigned home health care team regarding home health documentation, including addressing deficiencies in clinical documentation, inconsistencies, clinical standards of care, and compliance.
- Assists with orientation of home health associates.
- Maintains effective and efficient ongoing communication with the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) related to patient care, physician relations, community relations, or other areas impacting agency quality performance.
- Participates in quality assurance and improvement program as established and led by the Director of Clinical Services and in partnership with the Quality Review Specialist.
- Provides performance feedback and coaching to direct report home health associates.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards and HIPAA guidelines concerning community and patient information.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the day-to-day interactions with co-workers, management staff, and customers.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers and community associates.
- Assists the DCS/ADCS in maintaining the agency in a state of survey readiness at all times.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Two years of experience within a licensed and certified (Medicare) home health agency required. Competent in Federal (Medicare) and Local standards including Conditions of Participation and Local Coverage Determinations. Basic level computer skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current / Active RN license within practice state required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a clinical team. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a clinical nursing practice or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Extensive clinical knowledge and proficiency in Nursing, Physical, Occupational and Speech/Language Therapy. Demonstrated ability to manage defined systems and processes within Brookdale Home Health. Basic computer software skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to respect the privacy of residents/patients and to refrain from discussing their personal situations and problems with others, particularly as it may relate to their health. Ability to communicate with residents/patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Excellent written and verbal communication with staff and residents required. Willingness and ability to assist in planning
and executing evacuation of residents/patients during emergency situations. Willingness to communicate perceived needs of residents/patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.