Clinical Ops RN - Traveling Interim
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for clinical, quality, and operational efficiencies through effective leadership and management of the assigned agency healthcare and support teams. Consults with and advises the leadership to ensure that division goals and performance measures are met. Assumes interim assignments in support of clinical operations including but not limited to: Home Health Director, Director of Clinical Services, Clinical Manager, Quality Services, and Registered Nurse functions within Centralized Services. Implements and administers Brookdale Healthcare Services philosophy, goals, and policies.
- Accepts interim assignment based on the divisional needs, goals, and overall strategic focus
- Ownership of assigned position, including professional development and mentorship of incoming new associates.
- Provides leadership with weekly status report as indicated per interim assignment.
- Additional duties per job description of interim assignment.
- Maintains industry standard knowledge base related to nursing practice.
- Ensures compliance with all infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional while on-site in an agency.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers, patients, family members, community personnel, and referral sources.
- Attends national, regional, local meetings as requested.
- Promotes commitment to Brookdale standards, systems, policies, and procedures. Educates associates regarding corporate commitment to all laws, regulations, and guidelines of the company, state, and federal programs. Adheres to established confidentiality standards and promotes the standards are maintained by all regional office and field level associates.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Five (5) years of experience as a professional nurse with two (2) years administrative/supervisory experience preferred. Minimum of two years of Medicare home health experience within a PPS environment. Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she will be providing services. Meet all additional requirements for hire including state specific requirements. Frequent travel required. Willing to work varying hours, including weekends, nights and holidays.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Effective written and oral communication skills and human relation skills are essential. Experience with Microsoft Office products and use of Electronic Medical Records.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.