Clinical Service Manager - Hospice - East Valley
Brookdale Hospice in Phoenix is seeking a full time Clinical Service Manager for our East Valley.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-339-3621.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the planning, coordination, and delivery of quality interdisciplinary Hospice care services, assuring compliance to federal/state standards and clinical best practices.
- Supervises, monitors, and ensures competencies and performance of an assigned hospice care team and assuring the delivery of quality hospice services.
- Coordinate all aspects of patient and family care. Serves as team leader, providing direction and supervision for the interdisciplinary team members.
- Provides ongoing case management of all patients assuring an accurate evaluation and treatment plan, maintaining our quality model, and utilizing services appropriately to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Provides clinical oversight for Hospice patients within assigned team.
- Reviews electronically submitted documentation and provides feedback to clinicians regarding deficiencies or corrections to ensure the medical records reflect compliance with meeting criteria for hospice diagnosis as outlined in the Medicare local medical review policies.
- Reviews and approves patient Plan of Care within Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
- Reviews agency assigned team outcome data, participates in and facilitates improvement activities for agency outcomes performance.
- Reviews patient schedules to ensure appropriate coordination of care and clinical needs.
- Works directly with the assigned hospice care team with the ongoing implementation of approved work methods, patient care model, and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering high quality care.
- Maintains ongoing communication regarding patient care with physicians, referral sources, caregivers, patients, community management, and associates to facilitate coordination of care.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary team meetings with hospice clinical team and hospice medical director ensuring quality care of patients as evidenced by supporting documentation.
- Serves as an educator and mentor for assigned the hospice team regarding documentation, including addressing deficiencies, clinical standards of care, and compliance.
- Assists with orientation for hospice team associates.
- Maintains effective and efficient ongoing communication with the Director of Clinical Services- Hospice (DCS) related to patient care, physician relations, community relations or other areas impacting agency quality performance.
- Participates in quality assurance and improvement program as established and led by the DCS - Hospice.
- Provides performance feedback to assigned hospice associates.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards and HIPAA concerning community and patient information.
- Assists the DCS - Hospice in maintaining the agency in a state of survey readiness at all times.
- Participates in the administrator on call rotation for the hospice assuring 24-7 oversight of patient care.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Minimum two year’s experience within a licensed and certified (Medicare) hospice agency preferred. Competent in Federal (Medicare) and Local standards including Conditions of Participation and Local Coverage Determinations. Basic level computer skills including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Valid RN license within practice State. Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse preferred.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a clinical team. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a clinical nursing practice or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Extensive clinical knowledge and proficiency in Nursing, Physical, Occupational and Speech/Language Therapy. Demonstrated ability to manage defined systems and processes within Brookdale Home Health. Basic computer software skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to address staff, residents and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner as well as accept constructive criticism. Ability to respect the privacy of residents/patients and to refrain from discussing their personal situation and problems with others, particularly as it relates to their health. Ability to communicate with residents/patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Ability to speak and write English fluently in order to converse with residents/patients. Willingness and ability to assist in planning and executing evacuations of residents/patients during emergency situations. Willingness to communicate perceived needs of residents/patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.