CNA and In-Home Care Aides
Make Lives Better Including Your Own. Come work with Brookdale At Home Gaines Ranch and our Round Rock Senior living communities.
Start working Part Time, Full-time, or PRN with Brookdale At Home Austin Gaines Ranch!
Flexibility with Hours availablity and Locations in Round Rock Area
Private Duty Home Care Aide (In Home Caregivers) & CNA's
Flexibile Hours & Locations in the Round Rock Area - 12 Hours shifts down to 4 hour shifts, a variety is available.
- Multiple shifts available including days, afternoons, nights, overnights, mornings, etc.
- Shifts for our in home caregivers also include weekends for your flexible schedule.
- This position offers you the ability to work as much as you would like or as little as you like depending on your personal schedule and your income needs.
- College students are welcome to apply and we can accomodate your schedule to work with your class schedules.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself. This is a job that not only earns you a paycheck and growth opportunities, but your giving back to the commumities and your neightbors and fellow people!
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Provides direct care to clients, while promoting the client’s highest level of functioning, as directed by the BAH Agency Leader and/or under the supervision of a licensed nurse when applicable by state rule. Assists in maintaining the client’s environment in a safe and neat manner. Promotes quality services within non-skilled home care standards as well as applicable state home care agency regulations.
- Receives and communicates changes in the client’s care needs and requested changes in specific home care services to the BAH Agency Leader as needed.
- Provides personal care and/or concierge/homemaker/companion services to the client per their individualized plan of care.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding care as assigned.
- Prepares residents for meals and assists to and from the dining areas. Assists with set up and feeding of meals.
- Assists residents with toilet and incontinence care. Makes incontinence checks at least every 2 hours and provides incontinent care as needed when providing care greater than 2 hours in a row.
- Keeps client’s home neat and clean.
- Performs vital signs, B/Ps, weights and other trained procedures as per client’s care plan.
- Completes prevention and restorative care that includes but not limited to PROM, AROM, ambulation, transferring, bathing, grooming, and other ADL care according to the plan of care.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the home care agency’s policy & procedures pertinent to role.
- Assists in turning, positioning, and repositioning of clients.
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, visitors and the BAH agency leader and scheduler.
- Actively participates in Community Quality Assurance Program.
- Maintains education development to include attending ongoing education development to maintain compliance with State and Federal Regulations and current knowledge of client care practices and maintains compliance with required annual training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting to and from activities and meals according to the client plan of care.
- Assists clients with homemaker companion tasks such as laundry, shopping, light housekeeping, meals, according to the plan of care.
- Follows infection control and safety policies and guidelines.
- Maintains means to travel to client’s homes to arrive on time for assignment.
- Communicates with supervisor at least 2 hours prior to assignment if unable to come to work.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Certification of completing an approved Certified Nursing Assistant course is required. Six months experience in long term care is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Successful completion of State C.N.A. course.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA policies.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.