Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for monitoring and reviewing account status reports to identify and resolve delinquent accounts.
- Provides quality customer service and collections in a high-volume, fast-paced, multi-channel contact center using automated call distribution and workload distribution software, while accurately processing and recording customer contacts via the designated tracking software.
- Reviews aging and other reports to identify delinquent accounts, initiating collection process on overdue accounts by contacting customers via mail and/or telephone inn order to obtain payment. Identifies potential customer account issues through review of daily, weekly, and monthly generated reports and queries.
- Researches and resolves potential billing errors, disputes, cash applications, and other issues through regular customer account audits to ensure billing accuracy and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with others, including field personnel, to develop, implement and monitor collection strategy.
- Assists in training community associates, as pertains to collection procedures and functionality available in multiple proprietary systems.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customers’ experience.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associate’s Degree preferred. Minimum two to three years experience with phone inquiries, collections, accounts receivable, billing and/or customer service required; or equivalent education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.