Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Responsible for monitoring and reviewing account status reports to identify and resolve delinquent accounts.
- Provides quality customer service and collections in a high-volume, fast-paced, multi-channel contact center using automated call distribution and workload distribution software, while accurately processing and recording customer contacts via the designated tracking software.
- Reviews aging and other reports to identify delinquent accounts, initiating collection process on overdue accounts by contacting customers via mail and/or telephone inn order to obtain payment. Identifies potential customer account issues through review of daily, weekly, and monthly generated reports and queries.
- Researches and resolves potential billing errors, disputes, cash applications, and other issues through regular customer account audits to ensure billing accuracy and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with others, including field personnel, to develop, implement and monitor collection strategy.
- Assists in training community associates, as pertains to collection procedures and functionality available in multiple proprietary systems.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customers’ experience.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associate’s Degree preferred. Minimum two to three years experience with phone inquiries, collections, accounts receivable, billing and/or customer service required; or equivalent education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.