Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Assists in the development, management, and administration of compensation programs to ensure compliance and alignment with company objectives, policies, and government regulations.
- Administers and responds to compensation related inquiries through the Service Now system.
- Administers the company’s Associate Stock Purchase Plan (ASPP), including communication to participants and administration of quarterly purchases and residual balance refunds.
- Maintains compensation related databases and systems that support compensation programs throughout the organization, including maintenance of HRIS tables and queries.
- Work with Compensation Analysts to evaluate new job requests and creates job descriptions. Researches new jobs and recommends changes to existing job description. Creates job codes based on field requests.
- Maintains the job description repository. Reviews job descriptions identifying and errors or incompleteness. Follows up with department managers to create missing descriptions.
- Assists in developing standard operating procedures and reports for compensation processes and procedures.
- Assists in the administration of the annual merit and performance review processes, including assisting field/corporate associates with the eComp+ PeopleSoft module.
- Assists in the completion of salary surveys, market pricing, and labor studies ensuring results adhere to company compensation philosophy.
- Assists in the administering the company’s minimum wage policy to ensure all associates are paid according to state, federal, and local minimum wage laws.
- Administers ad-hoc bonuses and answers related questions from field and corporate associates.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associates' degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and a minimum of one to three years related experience. Must possess strong Microsoft Office Skills including Word and Excel. Solid understanding of financial terminology a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has strong written and verbal communication skills. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel and Word and ability to manage data from various sources. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and associates at all levels of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.