Cook 12 hour Shifts - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Full Time Cook - $1,000 Sign On Bonus After 120 Days
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
6.30a - 6.30p 3.5 Days/Week; Half Day = 5.5 hour shift
Brookdale is a GREAT place to further your career.
• The leadership team has over 80+ years combined experience in Senior Care
• We have been an established senior care community in Nashville-Davidson county for 20 years.
• We have a culture of caring. All leadership team members, and associates partner together to make sure each resident feels like they’re family.
• Since 2008, Brookdale has contributed over $15 million to the Walk to End Alzheimer’s®.
Perks Available to Our Associates
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Whether it’s with a 401(k) or an insurance health plan, we want to make sure you feel appreciated, and that your work is valued.
Full-time and part-time associates enjoy:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution – Brookdale will make a matching contribution equal to 25% of your elective deferrals each Plan year quarter. Brookdale will not match your elective deferrals in excess of 4% of your Compensation each Plan Year quarter.
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program – Be able to purchase Brookdale stock at a discounted rate through payroll deduction.
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit – Save pre-tax money to pay for parking and transportation costs getting to and from work.
• Associate Compassion Fund – Nonprofit fund for associates, funded by associates.
• Associate Discounts – Including: Senior Living & Personalized Living, AT&T, Perks at Work, Dignity Memorial, FedEx, Ford, GE, Hotelogical, Nestle, Staples, Ticket Monster Perks, Verizon.
Full time associates also enjoy additional benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans ¬– Including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit – Get reimbursed for certain expenses related to the adoption of a child.
• Tuition Reimbursement – Get reimbursed for eligible expenses for qualifying undergraduate studies tuition as well as for prep courses for licensures, certifications and CEUs.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Have a passion for food and serving seniors? Then being a cook at Brookdale is for you! As a cook, you will nourish our residents’ bodies and spirits with homestyle meals, just like family. Here you will have work-life balance with defined schedules and menus and be a valued member of the team. You are not just cooking, you are enriching lives. Become part of our family, grow your skills and career, and have the satisfaction of helping make seniors’ lives brighter every day.
What it takes to be a Cook at Brookdale:
Our cooks prepare meals for our residents and maintain a clean kitchen. You will use your prior experience with cutting tools, cookware and bakeware, combined with your knowledge of cooking procedures and methods of grilling, baking and boiling as a critical part of role.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.