Corporate Paralegal & Administrator
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
**A background in paralegal studies and paralegal certificate is required for this position. This role will help the legal counsel support our 1000 subsidiaries. Corporate or transactional experience is preferred.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
The Corporate Organization Administrator will be responsible for maintenance of the Company’s organizational structure, providing support to corporate transactions and financings, and providing other support functions as assigned by the Legal Department.
- Maintain the Company’s organizational structure, which includes approximately 1,000 subsidiaries, including keeping track of subsidiary ownership and filing annual reports, DBAs, foreign qualification applications and renewals.
- Prepare organizational documents for new subsidiaries, including, but not limited to, formations, bylaws, operating agreements, foreign qualifications, resolutions, FEINs and assumed name registrations (as applicable).
- Prepare and maintain corporate minute books for subsidiaries, including resolutions, actions on written consent, and other documents.
- Prepare and maintain officer and director slate information for subsidiaries.
- Assist with preparation of organizational charts.
- File charitable registration renewals and annual reports for non-profit entities.
- Primary point of contact with the Company’s registered agent, and assist with service of process.
- Review transactional and financing documents and work with Company counsel regarding such transactions.
- Work with tax, treasury, financial reporting, corporate accounting, legal operations, and human resources departments to respond to requests as needed, using independent judgment to determine how to respond.
- Review and revise confidentiality agreements.
- Assist with other projects identified by the Company’s Legal Department from time to time.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree in business administration, paralegal studies, or other related field, or paralegal certificate required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Minimum three years of corporate and transactional experience required, with prior in-house experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally. Ability to triage effectively and to communicate clearly and concisely.
Knowledge and Skills
Basic typing skills essential along with basic knowledge of PCs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Powerpoint.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.