Cyber Security Technical Lead - Local Remote
Must Live in Milwaukee or sourrounding Area.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at Brookdale are subject to a candidate’s successful completion of certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation, or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
The Cybersecurity Lead is an expert in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from 10+ years of experience in cybersecurity or closely related area. Research and analyze emerging technologies and design and build architectures and solutions to enable secure implementation of new technologies. Administers security infrastructure. Conducts active threat detection and analysis, creates threat intelligence and maintains threat profiles. Is able to work independently; Instructs, coaches and leads other team members. Assists in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures and protective measures. The position will have a lead role in performing vulnerability assessments, security testing, and working with operations and development teams on remediation and mitigation of findings. Evaluates and recommends security products for various platforms in the IT infrastructure environment. Educates users about security policies and consults on security issues. The Cybersecurity Lead must stay abreast of evolving security issues and lead efforts to ensure the appropriate preventive and detective measures are in place. This role will require ongoing team work in a lead role, as well as information security administration.
- Expert Knowledge of NGFW, EPP/EDR, DLP, Encryption, IPS, SEIM, etc. technologies.
- Performs and serves as the subject matter expert for periodic vulnerability assessments; assists other teams in the execution of remediation steps.
- Completes a technical review of cyber security initiatives.
- Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes and standards.
- Provides threat briefings to Cyber Security leadership.
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation; develops ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Ensures that system security configurations are properly implemented, monitored and reported.
- Expert knowledge of security risk management, tools and methodologies based on national standards.
- Subject matter expert for the resolution of security-related incident tickets.
- Maintain, configure, and analyze network and host-based security platforms.
- Expert knowledge of security risk management, tools and methodologies based on national standards (HITRUST, NIST, ISO, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOX, and/or other federal/state regulatory environments.
- Develops security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes and standards.
- Provide expert-level CSIRT support as needed in response to information security related events.
- Leads, mentors and develops teammates by cross training and knowledge transfer.
- Promote an end user security training and awareness program.
- Expert knowledge of offensive and defensive IT security techniques.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science or suitable industry credentials preferred. Minimum of 10 or more years of progressive experience in Cybersecurity or Network Engineering.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current industry certifications CISSP, CISM, CEH desirable.
Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Makes recommendations for improvements. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Has the confidence and ability to work autonomously and understands when to escalate issues to management. Able to lead projects and implementations.
Knowledge and Skills
Has expert troubleshooting, problem analysis and solution development skills. Has an excellent understanding of the work environment and knowledge of the organization. Well-rounded IT background and understanding of technology, operations and key business processes. Expert technical knowledge of hardware, software, database, operating system and networking technologies. Demonstrated maturity and responsibility with an ability to work with confidential situations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.