Desktop Support Specialist
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Reviews, analyzes, and supports PC related issues, including PC hardware and software configuration, as well as problem diagnosis and resolution. This position will resolve all PC hardware and software problems with minimal assistance from others in the department.
- Installs and configures desktop computer software and hardware.
- Assists end users with PC hardware and software related issues.
- Troubleshoots problems related to the desktop-computing environment.
- Works phone support for computer related problems as demand dictates.
- Performs preventative maintenance on PC inventory, and configures equipment when required.
- Ensures software and hardware are compatible with existing systems.
- Assists in correcting process related shortcomings.
- Assists with project related work.
- Completes tasks within budget, time frame and quality requirements.
- Works with Technical Support Specialists, on a rotational basis, to aid in TSS development of hardware skills.
- Tests new products and coordinates demonstrations.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all IS staff, vendors, customers and management.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree in information technology or related field from a two-year college or technical school and a minimum of two to four years of information systems experience, including experience directly with PC hardware and software; or equivalent education and experience. Must have full knowledge of PC hardware and software principles as they apply to Brookdale’s computing environment.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Must have good organizational skills and attention to detail. Will generally work with limited supervision; should have ability to independently perform work tasks.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.