Immediate and rewarding work available.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides assistance in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with establish dietary policies and procedures.
- Coordinates nutritional care of residents by completing nutritional assessments, developing and implementing care plans and documenting dietary information about residents.
- Assists Manager in the planning of food in accordance with resident dietary requirements.
- Communicates appropriate dietary history and nutritional care data through written record systems.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Maintains level of food and supplies adequate for the next meal and assists in inventorying and storing incoming food and supplies.
- Identifies and participates in process improvement initiatives that improve the resident experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Assists in the preparation and serving of meals and snacks.
- Assists in checking trays for menu and diet preferences and accuracy.
- Sets up serving line with food, condiments, serving containers, dishes, silverware, etc. according to the menus and as instructed.
- Assists in preparing trays to include placing appropriate food on general and modified diet trays, as directed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Experience in hospital or long-term care facility dietary department preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain/hold any local, state and/or country required food handling sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Possess good communication skills. Possesses computer skills, strong interpersonal, communication, and public relations skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.