Dining Services Coordinator
If you are looking for an opportunity to enrich the lives of others and you share our passion for making a difference in people’s lives, come join our team! Our residents are the reason we choose to deliver high quality care and services in a home-like setting. We offer competitive wages, benefits, training, and the opportunity for growth. We welcome you to apply & join our family today!
As a Dining Services Coordinator you will:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of the dining services department, and provides food services for residents and employees.
- Determines quality and quantity of food required; plans menus and controls food costs.
- Prepares food according to the menu in a safe, sanitary manner.
- Oversees the food preparation and cooking, to ensure meals are prepared according to company standards.
- Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and serving areas to determine that regulations governing food safety and sanitation are followed.
- Maintains and inventory of food and nonfood items.
- Orients and trains new employees in department; effectively delegates authority to dining services staff to ensure effective flow of materials and services.
- Develops and directs a cost control system; prepares and submits department budget to Director Dining Services/Executive Director.
- Ensures safe work procedures are developed and followed, to include those relating to employee injuries, prevention, and infection control.
- Directly supervises employees in the dining services department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Two to four years experience in commercial kitchen, operation and line cooking, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience leading the work of others is preferred. Prior experience working with seniors is preferred.
Current ServSafe Manager Certification required.
Have a passion for food and serving seniors? Then being a dining services assistant at Brookdale is for you! As a serving assistant, you will provide superior customer service by directing and coordinating the dining experience of residents and guests in an upscale atmosphere. Here you will have work-life balance with defined schedules and be a valued member of the team. You are not just serving, you are enriching lives. Become part of our family, grow your skills and career, and have the satisfaction of helping make seniors’ lives brighter every day.
What it takes to be a Dining Service Assistant at Brookdale
Our Dining Service Assistants plan, direct, coordinate activities of the dining services department, and provide food services for residents and employees. In addition, you will establish departmental regulations and procedures in conformance with administrative policies as well as develop standards for organization and supervision of dining services.