Dir, Staff Development - CCRC
OverviewEvery day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care. Full Time day shift could include some weekend and or Holidays MUST BE RN OR LVN
The Director of Staff Development plans, develops, directs and evaluates Educational and Clinical Training programs in accordance with current Federal, State and Local Regulation for SNF staff. Under the direction of the Director of Nursing Services, this position ensures that nursing care provided is consistent with facility nursing standards and that care provided is safe, appropriate and efficient.
- Directs and coordinates all in-service educational programs of the facility in accordance with current Federal, State and Local Regulations
- Develops and directs orientation programs for skilled nursing personnel for the job
- Sets up training schedule to ensure completion of forty-eight (48) hours of "In-Service Training/Continuing Education Units (CEUs) within your two (2) year certification period.
- A minimum of twelve (12) of the forty-eight (48) hours shall be completed in each year of the two (2) year certification period. A maximum of twenty-four (24) of the forty-eight (48) hours may be obtained only through a CDPH-approved online computer training program.
- Observes and evaluates Certified Nursing Assistants while on the job to judge efficiency of procedures and to train employees to improve skills.
- Develops, maintains and secures records, reports and instructional manuals, reference materials, pertinent to in-service programs
- Meets with supervisors on a regular basis to solicit advice concerning training needs and assists in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of services
- Makes written/oral recommendations to the Director of Nursing concerning in-service educational Programs
- Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner, in accordance with established policies and Procedures
- Provides counseling and follow-ups with employees as requested by the Director of Health Services/Supervisors
- Completes schedules for the nursing department with input and oversight from the DCS.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Must have at least one year of full-time experience providing direct care to the aged/chronically ill/one-year experience in planning, implementing, evaluating educational programs in the Nursing field. Requires the ability to lead, direct, coordinate in-service training, continuing education, and orientation programs for the entire skill nursing staff. Written and verbal communication skills/interpersonal skills. Must be computer literate.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Must have a valid license to practice as an RN/LVN. CPR Certification required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.