Director, Assisted Living
DIRECTOR, ASSISTED LIVING
BROOKDALE SKYLINE – COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the overall operation of the Assisted Living Program within the community. Directs and manages staff that is providing for the care and needs of the residents.
- Oversees the operations and directs the day-to-day functions of staff in accordance with current roles, regulations and guidelines that govern the community. Ensures that emotional, physical, psychological, and safety needs are met through all program services and activities.
- Ensures that staff complies with the written policies and procedures established by Brookdale and the community.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree Nursing or related field from an accredited college plus a minimum of two to three years of experience in an assisted living, long term care or hospital setting, including experience with the senior population; or equivalent education and experience. Minimum of one year supervisory/management experience, including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations, discipline, and counseling.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must hold a valid Assisted Living Administrator's License in states where required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. uses sound judgement and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Demonstrates computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, and Excel). Ability to handle multiple priorities. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Possess strong written and verbal skills for effective communication. Demonstrates good judgement, strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.